25 Yummy, Healthy Snacks
March 15, 2018
Is it just me or do many of you get hungry just two hours after eating? I am always looking for something yummy to snack on that will hold me over until my next meal. Sometimes when I’m looking for a quick snack, I tend to resort to junk foods like cookies and potato chips. Yes, these quick snacks are delicious, but they tend to make me feel very negative about myself. Junk food makes me feel bloated and pushes me further away from achieving my goals. But a girl needs to eat, am I right? Easy snacks don’t always have to be unhealthy. In fact, I gathered a list of 25 healthy snacks to help us out.
- Kale Chips – Bake kale until crispy with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Hummus with veggies, crackers, or pita bread
- Protein Pancakes – 3 eggs, 1 banana and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. Blend up and cook like pancakes
- Edamame – Steam and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Greek Yogurt and Granola
- Hummus Deviled Eggs – Replace yolk with hummus and hot paprika.
- Smoothie – 3 frozen strawberries, ¼ cup blueberries, ½ banana and ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup coconut milk. Blend.
- Trail Mix – combine nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
- Frozen Bananas and Peanut Butter – Cut bananas lengthwise. Spread peanut butter (can use Nutella) on the cut side of the banana. Stick both sides together and freeze.
- Air-Popped Popcorn – season with light salt or cinnamon
- Cucumber Sandwiches – Thinly slice cucumbers. Spread Hummus on whole wheat bread. Lay cucumbers on hummus. Top with another slice of bread.
- Apples and Peanut butter or mozzarella cheese
- Avocado Toast – Add mashed avocado on top of a slice of Ezekiel bread, toasted. Add choice of toppings (sprouts, fried egg, salt and pepper, sliced tomatoes and a balsamic reduction).
- Cucumbers soaked in Apple Cider Vinegar – Thinly slice cucumbers and place into a bowl. Cover all cucumbers with apple cider vinegar (if desired, dilute with water). Add crushed pepper.
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips – Thinly slice potatoes and toss with salt and olive oil. Spread a single layer onto a baking sheet. Bake until crispy. Also, try baked squash chips.
- Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey Wraps – Spread peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla or flatbread. Add a layer of sliced bananas. Drizzle with honey. Roll up tortilla or flatbread.
- String Cheese
- Cottage Cheese with Fruit – Change up your boring bowl of cottage cheese with sliced berries, melons, or tomatoes, avocado, and pepper.
- Fruit and Cheese Kabobs – Mix your favorite fruits with a variety of cheeses. Add on a kabob stick.
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Homemade Apple Sauce
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad – Eat plain or with crackers.
- Oatmeal – Top with fresh fruit, cinnamon, and honey.
- Sun Flower Seeds
- Homemade Acai Bowl – blend frozen acai with banana and apple juice. Top with granola, fresh fruit, coconut flakes, and honey.
A tip that has really helped me with eating healthy snacks instead of junk food is to prepare the snacks in advance so that when I am hungry, they are available to me right then and there. By doing so, I don’t get tempted to eat a cupcake because a healthier option is just as readily available to me when I’m running out the door to pick the kids up from school. Another tip is to not go longer than 3.5 to 4 hours between meals.
When you eat better, you feel better. I’ve noticed this theme applies to clothing as well. When you look nicer, you feel better about yourself. Both food and clothing can impact our moods, health, and overall wellness. Treat yourself today with the effort of both eating healthy and getting dolled up. You deserve it!
If you have a favorite healthy snack that is not listed on here, please feel free to comment below and share!
Shour, Emil. “121 Easy and Delicious Healthy Snacks For Every Type of Snacker.” 08 January 2018. Snacknation. 12 March 2018.